Listen to this article:
Ether-1 ($ETHO) is a fairly new dagger hashimoto based coin that appears to be promising for those of you who do GPU mining. Ether-1 is like Ethereum however the global network hashrate is still fairly low compared to it’s big brother. You can read more about the Ether-1 Project on their website.
Mining Ether-1 is done with GPUs. AMD GPU’s perform exceptionally well on dagger hashimoto based coins but nVidia cards like the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 TI you might want to consider using the Ethlargement Pill for this algorithm.
The Best Hardware for Mining Ether-1
If you’re looking to build a cheap budget mining rig check out this guide.
- Mining GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB (~30MH) – AMD RX 570 8GB (~30MH) – GTX 1070 TI (~32MH) – GTX 1080Ti (~50MH)
- Mining Motherboard: ASRock H81 PRO BTC
- CPU: Intel Celeron G1820 Processor
- RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
- PSU: 2x Corsair 750W
- SSD: AData 128GB SSD
- Dual PSU Adapter: Exwin Dual PSU Adapter
- USB Risers: VER 800s, 6 Pack
How to Mine Ether-1 ($ETHO)
Download the Ether-1 Wallet
- Install the Ether-1 Desktop Wallet
- Run the wallet and let the wallet sync (download) the blockchain.
- Click Add Account
- Enter desired password for your wallet.
- You’ve successfully created your own Etho wallet address.
- Visit the web wallet URL.
- Enter desired password for wallet and click Create.
- Download your keystore then click I understand.
- Print your paper wallet or your private key if you wish.
- You can use your downloaded keystore in combination with your password to unlock your wallet from here on.
Mine Ether-1 with a GPU Mining Rig
- Download Claymore Miner Pre-Configured for Ether-1 Here or Download Claymore Miner Original Source.
- Extract the folder to your desktop.
- Edit ETHER1-AMD.bat or ETHER1-NVIDIA.bat with your wallet address.
- Save and close the file.
- Double click the appropriate file to start mining!
Ether-1 Mining Conclusion
This coin seems to be well managed and in my opinion a coin worth grabbing up while you still can. Another great feature of Ether-1 are their masternodes which you can grab at the amount of 5000 ETHO as collateral. This is not a coin that you should mine and look to dump your coins immediately, mine this one for the long haul.
If this mining tutorial helped you, consider dropping some Ether-1 in this wallet to buy me a beer: 0xd05ad5F477C7c417710204915D126136c7ed9808
Have more questions about mining Ether-1? Ask questions in the comments below or join our Discord server by clicking the link at the very top of the page!